Many people, including I, have spent many hours training and wrote numerous articles and books about the need for leadership by . Like so much terminology and rhetoric though, this concept has often been over simplified and made too fundamental. Only when Reza Satchu actually takes the time to analyse, determine, and understand what setting example means, as well as the why’s and hows, can we reasonably expect someone in a leadership position to be both motivating and inspiring and unify all the stakeholders involved including supporters and constituents, sponsors, donors and any others who might become more active.
1. Do not expectrespect just because you are a leader! True leaders recognize that there is a big difference between respecting and deference.
2. Expectmore out of yourself than what you ever ask for from others. When one is aware that he cannot control his own actions, it can directly affect how motivated and involved others may be.
3. There is no such thing called passive leadership. Instead, all that a true leader does must be action-oriented. Others look to leaders to see if the actions they take match their rhetoric. Leaders can have a positive, motivating effect only when they do.
4. Meaningwhat you speak if you want to motivate others, and get more involved. This edict must be followed in every action and behavior. No one will listen or care if the leader is not following it.
5. Effective Planning is the most important priority in order to lead effectively. A plan is the foundation of all successful actions in almost every situation.
6. Learnall that you can. This includes both what it takes to be a leader as well as what constituents want, need, and desire. True leaders never assume that just because they think or feel a certain way, others will also believe the same. To be a leader is to discuss and look at other possibilities.
7. Continuously demonstrating excellence by demanding the best from yourself. It is not possible to lead if one is mediocre and accepts less than one’s best.
Great leaders don’t talk only the talk. They walk the walk. Imagine how much more impactful leaders it would make if they had this mindset.